- 575g (4 ⅔ cups) Bread Flour
- 6g (1 tsp) Instaferm Gold
- 12.5g (2 ½ tsp) Salt
- 45g (3 tbsp) Sugar
- 12g (1 tbsp + 1 tsp) Soy Lecithin Powder
- 15g (2 tbsp) Non-Diastatic Malt Powder
- 50g (1 large egg) Whole Eggs
- 60g (3 egg yolks) Egg Yolk
- 42g (3 tbsp) Neutral Flavored Oil
- 185g (¾ cup) Water
- Egg Wash:
- 50g (1 each) Whole Egg
- 50g (3 tbsp + 1 tsp) Water
- Stand Mixer Equipped with a Dough Hook
Active Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 6 Hours 30 Minutes
Mix Dry Ingredients
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In the bowl of a stand mixer add the bread flour, Instaferm Gold, salt, sugar, soy lecithin powder, and non-diastatic malt powder.
Mix on low until just combined.
Create & Proof Dough
Add the eggs, oil and water and mix on low for 10 minutes or until it forms a smooth dough.
Cover and proof the dough at 80°F for 2-3 hours or until double in size.
Create Braid & Proof
Divide the dough in 3 equal portions about 315g each.
Roll the dough into 3 separate logs and braid them together.
If you do not want to braid the bread you do not need to. Simply shape the dough into a loaf.
Cover and proof the shaped loaf for 2 hours at 80°F.
Egg Wash & Bake Bread
Mix together egg and water to make an egg wash.
Brush the top of the bread with egg wash and bake for 20 minutes or until it reaches 205°F internal temperature.
Allow the bread to cool for 1 hour before slicing and serving.