- Turkey Patties
- 90g (1/4 cup + 2 tbsp) Water
- 4.5g (1 tsp) Iota Carrageenan
- 2.3g (1 ½ tsp) Microcrystalline Cellulose (MCC)
- 454g (1lb) Lean Ground Turkey
- .6g (½ tsp) Fresh Sage, Finely Chopped
- Maple Flavor Drops 10 Drops
- 1.4g (½ tsp) Salt
- .7g (¼ tsp) Fennel Seeds, Finely Ground
- .25g (⅛ tsp) Cayenne Pepper
- .3g (⅛ tsp) Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Garlic Clove, Finely Minced
- .3g (⅛ tsp) Celery Seed
- 1.3g (½ tsp) Sorbitol
- Sweet Potato Hash
- 15g (2 Tbsp) Vegetable Oil
- 20g (2 Tbsp) Onion, Diced
- 1 Clove Garlic, Minced
- 15g (1 Tbsp) Unsalted Butter
- 500g (2 Cups) Sweet Potato, Peeled and Diced
- 500g (2 Cups) Cooked Turkey Thigh Meat, Diced
- 350g (1 ½ Cups) Turkey Gravy
- 15g (1 Tbsp) Salt
- 1g (⅛ tsp) Pepper
- Stand Mixer With Paddle Attachment
- Medium Heavy Bottom Pan
Active Time: 45 Minutes
Total Time: 2 Hours
Make Fat Replacement Mixture
Dry mix together the microcrystalline cellulose and iota carrageenan.
In a small pot pour the water and begin to whisk. Slowly sprinkle in the dry mixture.
Heat the water mixture to a boil while stirring constantly. Once thickened remove from the heat and allow it to cool slightly.
In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment combine the ground turkey, thyme, maple flavor drops, sorbitol, salt, fennel seeds, cayenne pepper, black pepper, garlic and celery seed.
Begin mixing low speed until combined about 1 minute.
Add the fat replacement mixture and mix on medium speed for 1-2 minutes or until the mixture begins to stick to the sides of the bowl.
Once hydrated, roll the sausage between a sheet of plastic wrap to create a log, roll nice and tight. Cut the log into 8 patties. Alternately you can form the patties by hand to your desired size.
In a medium heavy bottom heat pan on medium high heat. Add a splash of vegetable Oil and sear the sausage patties for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. The internal Temperature should reach 165°F. Serve Immediately.
Sweet Potato Turkey Hash
Sweat and Brown Onion and Garlic
In a medium heavy bottom pan on medium heat add the oil. Add the onion and garlic and sweat for 5 minutes.
Add the butter and cook for an additional 5 minutes without browning the onions.
Add Sweet Potatoes and Turkey
Reduce the heat to low, add sweet potato, turkey thigh meat and gravy. Cook for 20 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are soft.
Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately or chill for future use.