- 125g (½ cup) Whole Milk
- 11g (4 tsp) Instaferm Gold Yeast
- 180g (1 ⅓ cup) Bread Flour
- 120g (½ cup) Whole Milk
- 70g (⅓ cup) Water
- 5.5g (2 tsp) Instaferm Gold Yeast
- 445g (3 cups + 3 tbsp) Bread Flour
- 200g (4 each) Whole Eggs
- 120g (6 each) Egg Yolk
- 70g (⅓ cup) Whole Milk Yogurt
- 20g (1 tbsp 1 tsp) Glucose DE42 Syrup
- 14g (1 tbsp) Salt
- 1 Vanilla Bean, Scraped
- 10g (1 tbsp + 1 tsp) Vital Wheat Gluten
- 6g (1 tsp) Glycerol Monostearate
- 3g (¼ tsp) Non-Diastatic Malt Powder
- 220g (1¼ cups) Sugar
- 10g (4 tsp) Citrus Zest
- Your choice; lime, lemon, orange, grapefruit all work
- 175g (¾ cup) Butter, Room Temperature
- 330g (1⅓ cup) Dried Fruit
- Any combination of these will work: raisins, currants, cherries, candied citrus peel, figs, dates.
- Stand Mixer with Dough Hook
- 10 Inch Bundt Pan or 5 Inch Paper Panettone Molds
Active Time: 1 Hour
Total Time: 6 Hours
1 – 2 Loaves
In a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook add the ingredients for the sponge. Mix the whole milk, Instaferm Gold, and bread flour until it forms a dough.
Cover and allow this sponge to rest for 2 hours.
Begin Mixing Dough
In the bowl of a stand mixer add the sponge, whole milk, water, Instaferm Gold, bread flour, whole eggs, egg yolk, whole milk yogurt, glucose DE42 syrup, salt, vanilla bean, vital wheat gluten, glycerol monostearate, and non-diastatic malt powder.
Mix on low until a loose dough is formed and then increase the speed to medium low. Mix for 7 minutes.
Add the sugar and citrus zest at this moment and mix for 1 minute.
Add Butter & Proof
Once the sugar is mixed in add the butter in three increments. Mix until combined, this will take about 5 minutes.
Proof this mixture for 1 hour.
Add Fruit, Pour into Vessel
Once this mixture has proofed, fold in the dried fruit.
Depending on the vessel you cook this in will determine the size. A 10 inch bundt pan can handle the entire recipe. A traditional paper mold 5 inch paper mold will require the recipe to be divided into two portions.
Allow the dough to proof for 2 hours.
Bake, Cool, & Serve
In this time preheat the oven to 350°F.
Once the dough has proofed place it in the oven and bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until it reaches an internal temperature of 205°F.
Allow the panettone to cool completely before slicing and serving.