- 600g (2 EA) Russet Potatoes, Peeled and Grated
- 113g (¾ Cup) Celeriac, Peeled and Grated
- 75g (1 Ea) Shallot, Minced
- 25g (4 tbsp) Whole Egg Powder
- 75g (½ Cup) All-Purpose Flour
- 8g (2 tsp) Salt
- 3.5g (1 tsp) Baking Powder
- 1.25g (½ tsp) Ground Black Pepper
- .9g (⅛ tsp) Sodium Bisulfite
- 28g (2 Tbsp) Vegetable Oil
- Clotted Cream (to taste)
- Shredded Apple Sauce (to taste)
- Box Grater
- Heavy Bottom Sauté Pan
- Mixing Bowl
Active Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 20 Minutes
In a mixing bowl, combine the grated potato, celeriac and the minced shallots.
In a separate bowl, combine the egg powder, flour, salt, baking powder, pepper and sodium bisulfite.
Add the dry mix to the vegetables and blend until evenly combined and there are no lumps.
Wrap tightly and refrigerate until needed, can hold up to 7 days.
Cook Latkes & Serve
In a heavy bottom pan, on medium high heat, add the oil.
Divide the latke batter into 4-6 portions, depending on desired portion size.
Place portioned latkes in the heated oil and cook for 2 minutes or until golden brown on the seared side.
Flip the latkes and repeat for 2 minutes or golden brown on the remaining side.
Serve immediately with clotted cream and shredded apple sauce.