Never Miss an Episode: Subscribe on YouTube
WTF Functional Properties – Agar: How well do you know your agar?
Do you really know your agar? Agar is a hugely popular gelling agent, but depending on where you got it, that are dramatic differences in performance, which causes a lot of confusion and frustration when you try out recipes you found online. Scott and Janie break down the most important functional features of agar with some side by side comparisons… on this week’s WTF
- Bloody Hail Mary
- Carrot Cake with Carrot and Ginger Spheres
- Banana Oatmilk Kudzumochi
- Fluid Gell Filled Kouign-Amann
- Traditional Kudzumochi
References and Other Links you Might Lik!
- WTF – Super Agar
- WTF – Fluid Gels
- WTF – Agar vs Alginate Spherification
- WTF – Kudzu Root Starch
- WTF – Scales
- Ask A Chef – Agar vs the World
- Ask A Chef – Fluid Gels
- Ask A Chef – A Beginners Guide to Hydrocolloids
About ‘We Transform Food’
We Transform Food is a weekly series from Modernist Pantry exploring cool ingredients and gadgets that can help any chef transform food into more memorable experiences.